How to Import Export: Step by Step
If you’ve been thinking about a career in import export, you’ve probably looking for courses on how to import export, you’ve probably seen numerous online courses, numerous colleges and universities where you can invest your time and money.
This article will give you a simple step by step instruction on how to import export the products you are interested in.
Let’s start from the beginning:
- Write down your goals, make this step as detailed as you can, including the amount of money you want to earn, the hours you want to work, travel, house, living conditions.
- Honestly list your strengths and weaknesses, with respect to your weaknesses, remember if you can’t do it, you can always pay someone.
- Think about the Product you want to import or export.
- Decide on your business structure, ie. Sole trader, partnership, corporation, often it is advisable to speak to an accountant or business attorney.
- Start your business plan including: executive summary, plan, financial data and supporting documents. Start with an outline and show it to some business people you trust to give honest feedback.
- Name your business, nothing to outrageous, remember it’s best if your name gives a clear understanding of what you do.
- Organize your office
- Work out your product storage and distribution or whether you will be drop shipping products.
- Order your business cards
- Start your Market research
- Make contact with : Banker, accountant, attorney, freight forwarder, and customs brokers.
- Decide whether you’ll be importing, exporting or bot
- Research information about the country you are interested in importing or exporting to.
- Research Shipping options
- Find out about potential grants
- Make final product choices.
- Find suppliers
- Ensure you go over all contracts with your attorney
- Research customs procedures
- Research customs brokers
- Work our your product’s ‘Classification’
- Collect all regulation paperwork
- Work out your marketing strategy
- Research your competitors
- Work out your financing strategy
- How will your customers pay you
- Choose a financial recording system
- Finalize your paperwork for permits, fees etc
- Finalize your marketing and business plans
- Prepare for your first buying trip
Clearly this is a checklist and not a detailed explanation on how to import export, but, ticking off each item will help you make sure you haven’t forgotten important elements in your import export business.
Therefore Check all those how to import export details here.
If you enjoyed reading about How to Import Export: Step by Step then see our next article about Import Export Training.